Zur deutschen VersionSee the english version
The Open-Air Museum
The Historic Trades District
Chronicle of Stoffels Saw-Mill
The Cultural History of Mills
Opening hours

The Mill Museum

Following an initiative by Alois Amann's son, Ing. Bernd Amann, plans were conceived to expand the open-air museum into the former sawmill in 1988. These plans were finally carried out and finished by father and son in 1999. 35 machines dating from 1880, from 1920 to 1955 and ranging up to modern computer-controlled mills from 1990, help demonstrate the multi-facetted developments in mill engineering and technology. Diagrams show cereal grain, various cereal bugs and weeds, the four main procedures of flour production, and the structure of a mill dating from 1950, with a grinding efficiency of 24 tons per day. In addition, there is a picture gallery and models of mills dating from 1990, which had milling capacities of 300 tons and 880 tons per day.

Historic mill