On the premises Sägerstraße II there were originally two manorial sawmills. In the years 1803 and 1812 they were sold to private persons.
There is proven evidence that the sawmill was used continuously since that time, and that a flour-mill was in operation from 1878.
Since 1835, the double-waterwheel plant has been in the possession of the "Stoffels" branch of the Kick-Amann family.
In 1956, the flour-mill ceased operations, as did the sawmill in 1979.
22,500 volunteer man-hours over a period of eighteen years were spent by a father-and-son team working on the reconstruction and expansion of this museum of crafts and industry.